NOW BOOKING FESTIVALS AND SHOWS FOR 2020
“Check out these young soon to be superstars.”
— Brett Kissel
ABOUT SMALL TOWN GIRLS
Small Town Girls are a country band consisting of five teenage girls from Southern Ontario. The group started off with the VanMaele sisters, Cassie, (now 17) on lead guitar, Haley (now 15) on vocals and rhythm guitar and her twin Hannah on mandolin and backup vocals. In 2017 and 2018, the Girls opened for Brett Kissel, winning two of his #kickitwithkissel contests. Also, in 2018 they were named Country Music Association of Ontario “Artist of the Month” (January), they won the Boothill Jamboree Rising Star contest and the Country Wildfest Emerging Artist contest. But their best victory came by adding their drummer Jillian (16) to the group, making it a full quartet.
In early 2019, the girls entered The Next Country Music Star contest, competing against some of the best unsigned professional and amateur country acts in the province. It was here that they met the last member of their group, 15 year-old Delaney, their bass player. She joined the group and they made it to the Finals, beating out over 30 other acts.
The summer of 2019 was spent playing a full schedule
of shows and festivals throughout Southern Ontario, fine-tuning their live act, and writing new original material.
For the end of 2019 and 2020, these Girls are heading to the studio, to record tracks for release to online streaming services and Country radio. Their first collection of professionally produced originals promises to be well worth the wait.
- The Next Country Music Star Contest – Top 6 Finalist - 2019
- 2018 Norfolk Has Talent - Grand Prize Winners of $5000
- Boot Hill Jamboree “Rising Stars 2018” Winners - Winning A Slot on the Main Stage at Boot Hill Jamboree - 2018
- Country Wild Music Festival “Emerging Artists” Showcase Winners - 2018
- Named CMAO Artists of the Month - January 2018
- Winners of Brett Kissel & CMAO “We Were That Song Tour” Opening Act Competition - 2018
- Performed and participated in CMAO Charity Baseball Game during CMAO Awards Weekend in London, ON - 2017
- Winners of Brett Kissel & CMAO “Ice, Snow and 30 Below” Opening Act Competition - 2017
- Two time winner of Langton Fair Singing Competition - 2015/16
On Facebook since 2016, Small Town Girls videos have more than
430,000 views and counting. They have a growing fan base of over
3,300 followers. Videos have been shared by James Barker Band,
Brett Kissel, Nice Horse, the legendary Tanya Tucker and many others.
On Instagram, Small Town Girls continue to expand their following and currently
have over 3,500 followers. Their posts and videos have received comments from
country music artists such as Tenille Townes, Lindsay Ell, and The Reklaws.
“Can’t get my head around how these young ladies can harmonize so well and play as good as they do, it’s incredible, they are always a treat to hear.”
— Kevin V., Stage Pass Media
Videos courtesy of Chris Abbott. Photos courtesy of Stage Pass Media.